The Livinia Skin Care range uses only pure, natural ingredients that are good for your skin and formulated for high performance.
We use the intense power of pure essential oils, quality botanical extracts,
cold pressed vegetable oils, natural clays, nut butters, floral waters, vitamins,
minerals and antioxidants to create range that gives skin a supple resilience
and natural glow.
What makes Livinia special is the PURITY of its ingredients and what's NOT in the products.
The range is vegan friendly, accredited with Cruelty Free and totally free from:
- sodium lauryl sulphate
- propylene glycol
- synthetic preservatives
- artificial fragrances.
Key ingredients focus
Rosehip oil is extremely beneficial for the skin. It is extracted from the "hip" of the rose, which is the seed pod or fruit of the rose that occurs after the rose petals fall off.
Rosehip oil is a very rich source of essential fatty acids. These are vital for regenerating skin cells, and repairing skin tissue. Rosehip oil helps soothe dry and irritated skin whilst nourishing the skin.
It contains many nutrients including:
- Vitamin A - helps skin that is dehydrated from sun exposure, fine lines and an uneven skin tone.
- Oleic acid - an omega-9 fatty acid which helps to create supple and moist skin and improve overall skin condition. Linoleic acid - an omega-6 fatty acid which helps to preserve the cell's natural barrier to the environment and is vital for the structure of cell membranes.
- Linolenic acid - an omega-3 fatty acid and it may help to improve skin conditions by softening and moisturising the skin. It is also important for the structure of cell membranes.
- Lycopene - an antioxidant that protects the skin from free radical damage, reducing the risk of premature ageing.
- Beta-carotene - a source of pro vitamin A and an antioxidant to help improve the appearance of sun damaged skin. It can also help to prevent the signs of ageing.
- Vitamin C - An antioxidant that protects against free radical damage.
Camellia oil is obtained from the seeds of the plant and grows mostly in Asia. It has been used for centuries in Japan to nourish and condition the skin.
It is high in oleic acid and rich in Vitamins A, B, and E, which provide antioxidant properties. It is rejuvenating and gives the skin a healthy glow.
Camellia oil is suitable for all skin types, particularly dry, sensitive and mature skins.
- Restores moisture balance in dry skin
- Soothes skin irritations
- Non-comedogenic (doesn't block the pores)
- Softens fine lines
Shea Butter is extracted from the nut of the Shea Karite tree which is found in the tropical regions of Africa. The tree begins to bear fruit after about 15 years, however can take up to 30 years to bear a quality crop of nuts with a high content of fatty acid.
The fatty acids found in this extract offer unique properties that make it an excellent ingredient in skincare products.
Traditionally, shea butter was extracted by people who picked the nuts of the Karite tree and then cracked, grilled and pounded them. They were then boiled for hours in water so as to extract the shea butter, which is scooped out and left to cool and set.
The benefits of Shea Butter
- Great for anti-ageing as it penetrates deep into the skin to restore elasticity
- Absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue
- Deeply moisturises the skin
- Naturally rich in Vitamins A, E and F which are essential vitamins for good skin balance
- Evens skin tone
- Does not clog pores
- A great skin moisturiser helping to soften and maintain skin moisture.
- Excellent for people with sensitive skin.
- Offers natural sun protection
More focus ingredients coming soon!